Iglesia de San Luis de los Franceses

Calle San Luis nº27 (Casco Antiguo).

how to arrive: Bus: Line C5 [Stop San Luis-Inocentes].

Indicación:The Church of San Luis de los Franceses, founded by the Society of Jesus in 1731 and dedicated to Saint Louis King of France. It has been a seminary, a Franciscan convent, a venerable hospital, a factory in the 19th century, a hospice and at the beginning of the 20th century, now desacralized, a stage for performances like Don Juan Tenorio. After the restoration carried out in recent decades, it is open to the public for enjoyment. The Church, with its main altarpiece, its auxiliary altarpieces, its salomonic columns, its impressive dome and vault, draws attention for its circular shape in the shape of a Greek cross. The Domestic Chapel, is the most unknown, and the one that has most taken the effort of restoration, leaving a striking image in its entirety: ceilings, vault, walls, sacristy, etc. Finally, under the main temple, we find a simple crypt of dimensions and plant identical to that of the church. Restored and with a very special lighting, it also amazes all visitors.